7 Days Marangu Route
Day 1: Kilimanjaro Airport/Arusha. Overnight at Mvuli hotel
Day 2: Arusha/Moshi/Marangu. Overnight at Marandara hut
Day 3: Mandara/Horombo. Overnight at horombo hut
Day 4: Horombo/Kibo. Overnight at Kibo hut.
Day 5: Kibo/Horombo. Overnight at Horombo hut
Day 6: Horombo hut/Moshi. Overnight at Alteza lodge
Day 7: Moshi/Kilimanjaro Airport. Fly out
Day 1: Kilimanjaro International Airport/Arusha
Pick up on your arrival and drop you at hotel booked for overnight. Overnight at Mvuli hotel.
Day 2: Arusha/Marangu
Breakfast, drive from your overnight hotel to Marangu gate, there we will spend some time for registration, payment of fees and final parking. Start climbing through dense semi – trpical to the first Hut – Mandara hut (9,000ft).Dinner and overnight at mandara hut, F.B
Day 3: Mandara/Horombo
Early breakfast then ascend through the alpine meadow, grassland and moor land to Horombo hut(12,000ft).Both mawenzi and kibo peaks can be viewed easily on the way. Dinner and overnight stay at Horombo hut, F,B
After breakfast, further ascending to Kibo hut(15,000ft).The landscape becomes very stony and eroded. Spectacular mountain vegetation like giant cactus, groundswell and lobelia appear on the way. Dinner and overnight stay at Kibo hut, F.B
Day 5: Kibo/Horombo
Wake up at midnight, have some snacks and coffee then proceed to the summit through Gilman’s point (18,640ft).Its about 5-6 hours and 1-2 hours from Kibo hut to Gilman’s point and from Gilman’s point to Uhuru peak(19,340ft) respectively. Thus reaching the peak in the early morning of the fifth day and descending after pictures taking on the top to Horombo hut for dinner and overnight F.B
Day 6: Marangu/Moshi
After breakfast, descend from Horombo hut to marangu gate. The waiting car will take you back to Moshi town to your overnight hotel at Kilimanjaro Crane Hotel 4ster .
Day 7: Moshi/Kilimanjaro Intl Airport.
After breakfast you will drive to Kilimanjaro Airport for your flight back home.
Group Size 1 pax to 2pax Cost $1800 per person
Small group 3pax to 4pax cost $1700 per person
Big Group 5pax to 9pax cost $1600 per person
- All Park fees, Picnic lunches. Rescue fees, Camping fees,
- All transfers as Indicated in the itinerary above.
- Accommodations based in huts.
- Meals as per the above itinerary – 3 Meals a day – Vegetarians and Non vegetarians.
- Services staff throughout. The cook will be responsible for your 3delicious meal a day.
- Naturalist Trekking Guides and assistance guide.
- All baggage handling – Recommended weight for clients’ backpack to be carried up the mountain is 15kgs. Kindly allow 5 kg for personal daypacks including Cameras.
- We will provide 1guide and 1 assistant guides in this trekking. Our Guides are licensed and have received training from Mt. Kilimanjaro National Park Instructors.
- Transfers to the gate before and After Trek to Arusha.
- Soft drinks, beer, wine and spirits (as well as gifts like local crafts etc)
- Any local and international flights tickets (airline).
- Tips for staff such as guides, porters and the cook staff
- Fees for passport, visas, immunizations and insurance
- Meals and expenses en route to Tanzania
- Laundry, phone and other items of a personal nature